a d v e r t i s e m e n t
a d v e r t i s e m e n t
Bet you can’t pass this quiz. Are you a book worm? Test yourself and dazzle everyone with your knowledge in literature. Average score is 7/15 in this test. Either if you are self-confident or trust your luck, take the plunge in this superquiz.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Can you guess question no. 9? This trivia has the best of Dragon Ball Z
- How much do you really know about animals? These fascinating facts about the living world can be mind-blowing
- RETRO games were the best. This trivia will test your knowledge of multiple video games from back in the day
Bet you can’t pass this quiz. Only 1 in 10 people can answer question no. 10 correctly. And you?
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so”. What character of Shakespeare’s dramas says this?
There is a novel whose main character is not a human but a dog named Buck. Which novel is that?
- L. P. Hartley’s “The Go-Between”
- Jack London’s “A Call of the Wild”
- Rudyard Kipling’s “Kim”
- Bernard Cornwell’s “Sharpe’s Tiger”
“Howl” is the title of a famous work of English literature. What literary genre is it and who is the author?
- A novel by Bram Stoker
- An essay by Kurt Vonnegut
- A theatre play by Henry Miller
- A poem by Allen Ginsberg
Which one is a character of Victor Hugo’s novel “Les Misérables”?
- Eugénie Grandet
- Christine Daaé
Who kills Achilles’s companion Patroclus in Homer’s “Iliad”?
What’s the name of the sea monster that swallowed ships by creating a whirlpool in the waters in Homer’s “Odyssey”?
What was the given name of Ivanhoe in Sir Walter Scott’s novel?
Which famous 730 page novel tells a story comprising just one day in the life of its protagonist?
- Marcel Proust’s “In Search of Lost Time”
- Robert Musil’s “The Man Without Qualities”
- Franz Kafka’s “The Metamorphosis”
- James Joyce’s “Ulysses”
Which novel depicts a middle-aged professor who becomes obsessed with a 12-year-old girl?
- Colette’s “Chéri”
- Vladimir Nabokov’s “Lolita”
- Judy Blume’s “Forever”
- Henry Miller’s “Tropic of Cancer”
In what European city did Anne Frank write her poignant diary while she was hiding from the Nazis?
Stephen King’s first published novel was released on April 1974. What was it?
- “The Shining”
- “The Dead Zone”
“The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”, a science fiction comedy series, was written by:
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Neil Stephenson
- Robert Heinlein
- Douglas Adams
What is the given name of Madame Bovary in Gustave Flaubert’s celebrated novel?
Who was the author of the realist novel “The Grapes of Wrath”
- William Faulkner
- Ernest Hemingway
- John Steinbeck
- Francis Scott Fitzgerald
Who guides Dante through Hell and Purgatory in his “Divine Comedy”: