a d v e r t i s e m e n t
a d v e r t i s e m e n t
If you are a connoisseur of literature, win 15/15 in this tailored challenge. If you know how the book that follows “Alice in Wonderland” is titled, claim your point immediately.
If you are a connoisseur of literature, win 15/15 in this tailored challenge
You may also like:
- What’s the name of the country we’ve marked? Everyone should solve this quiz with no problem. Average score: 9/15
What is the name of the first Harry Potter book?
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- Harry potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- Harry Potter and the mystery of the prince.
What castle did Bram Stoker take as a model for Dracula’s abode?
- Bran Castle.
- Coca Castle.
- Butrón Castle.
In the novel Charlotte’s web, what is the name of the spider friend pig Charlotte?
Birth name of English writer George Orwell:
- Eric Arthur Blair.
- Timothy Francis Leary.
- Ray Douglas Bradbury.
Book continuation of Alice in Wonderland:
- Alice for the little ones.
- Alice through the mirror.
- Alice and the logic game.
What is the name of the medical student who creates the so-called Frankenstein monster?
“It is on the nights of December, when the thermometer is at zero, when we think more about the sun.” On which work do we find this phrase?
- Les Misérables, Victor Hugo.
- The count of Montecristo, Alejandro Dumas.
- The Old curiosity shop, Charles Dickens.
Title of the book where Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson first appear:
- A Study in Scarlet.
- The sign of the four.
- The baskerville’s hound.
Leviathan, or “The Matter, Forme and Power of a Common-Wealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil”, is the best known book of:
- Rene Descartes.
- Baruch Spinoza.
- Thomas Hobbes.
In the novel Pride and Prejudice, what is the name of Elizabeth Bennet’s older sister?
“A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is going to write fiction.” To who is attributed this phrase?
- Jane Austen.
- Mary Shelley.
- Virginia Woolf.
Male pseudonym that Emily Brontë used to publish her works:
- Ellis Bell
- Acton Bell
- Currer Bell
“When you feel like criticizing someone, remember that not everyone has had the same opportunities you had.” In what work do we find this phrase?
- The Shawshank Redemption, Stephen King.
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee.
- The great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald.
“The books that the world calls immoral are those that show the world their own shame.” In which book do we find this phrase?
- The art of war, Sun Tzu.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde.
- In search of lost time, Marcel Proust.
Joseph Conrad was a novelist who adopted English as a literary language, however, he was a native of: