a d v e r t i s e m e n t
a d v e r t i s e m e n t
Quiz time: How good is your geography knowledge. “What city is the only one in the world connecting two continents?” – it’s one of the easiest questions in this quiz. Do you know the answer?
You may also like:
- Are you a celebrity guru? If you think so, you must at least answer question 7 correctly
- What fish is the most poisonous in the world? If you know it, don’t hesitate and click the right answer
- People who like art have a special intelligence to understand beauty. Are you one of them?
Ok, geography daredevils, check out this quiz. Only 30% get 10/15
Something to ponder about…There’s only one sea on Earth that has no coastline at all. Which one is it?
- Dead Sea
- Yellow Sea
- Sargasso Sea
- Caribbean Sea
World’s highest uninterrupted waterfall is called “Angel Falls”. In which country are they located?
- British Guiana
Travelers will know this one… What Spanish island is known as “The Island of the Eternal Spring”?
No map checking, please… Which two countries are separated by the Red Sea?
- Saudi Arabia and Iran
- Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan
- Egypt and Saudi Arabia
- Turkey and Egypt
What city is the only one in the world connecting two continents?
- Port Said
Which is the tallest mountain in continental U.S.?
- Mount McKinley
- Mount Elbert
- Mount Whitney
- Mount Harvard
Sierra Maestra is a mountain range located in which country?
- Costa Rica
History to remember… What island the Caribbean had to be evacuated after the Soufrière Hills volcano erupted?
- Saint Kitts & Nevis
A difficult one perhaps… Where exactly is the Stromboli volcano located in Italy?
- Tyrrhenian Sea
The Krakatoa volcano, with the most violent eruption recorded in modern era, is located in which country?
- The Philippines
- Papua New Guinea
After going through Europe, where does the Danube River empty?
- The Mediterranean Sea
- The Black Sea
- Lake Constance
- Sea of Marmara
What’s the name of the river that goes through Chile’s capital Santiago?
- Guayas River
- Mapocho River
- La Plata River
- Chacabuco River
What is the tallest mountain in the Andes?
- Huascarán (Peru)
- Aconcagua (Argentina)
- Illimani (Bolivia)
- Ausangate (Peru)
Why are winters in the British Isles milder than in continental Europe?
- Because mountains are considerable lower than continental Europe.
- Because of the Sargasso Sea.
- Because of the Gulf Stream.
- Because anti-cyclones get blocked during January-February.
What is the largest desert on Earth?
- The Antarctic Polar Desert
- The Atacama Desert
- The Sahara Desert
- The Gobi Desert