a d v e r t i s e m e n t
a d v e r t i s e m e n t
Universal history makes you quiver?Real historians would answer correctly to all questions, but some rare specimens do it as well. It could be you?
You may also like:
- Kids know these things about the planets. But I doubt that you know them. Let’s see if you can do more than 10/15
- I bet you won’t be able to beat your dad in this quiz. Don’t just believe me and take this quiz to find out
- How much do you know about anatomy? It’s fundamental, but oddly enough, 65% fail this test
Universal history makes you quiver? Only 20% score high in this quiz
In 18th century, France helped United States to get free from the British Empire. Who was the ruler of France at that time?
- Louis XIV
- Napoleon I
- Louis XVIII
- Louis XVI
Who was the first European explorer who discovered the sea route to India?
- John Cabot (Giovanni Caboto, Italian)
- Vasco da Gama (Portuguese)
- Christopher Columbus (Italian/Spanish)
- Cornelis de Houtman (Dutch)
Who ruled Roman Empire the time Jesus was born?
- Julius Cesar
Simón Bolívar’s involvement in Latin America independence war against Spanish dominion was decisive to liberate several countries in 19th century. Which countries are we talking about?
- Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Chile, Paraguay
- Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Dominican Republic
- Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia
- Venezuela, Peru, Colombia, Haiti, Dominican Republic
Nicholas II, czar of Russia, was murdered along with his family in 1918 during the Bolshevik Revolution. What imperial dynasty did they belong to?
Who were the first European settlers established in the southern tip of Manhattan, New York City, in the 17th century?
- The French
- The British
- The Dutch
- The Irish
Here goes a tricky one for the novice. At the beginning of World War I (1914-1918), major European powers were divided in opposing coalitions. Which countries originally made up the Triple Alliance?
- Poland, Russia and France
- Great Britain, United States, France
- Germany, Austria-Hungary and Italy
- Serbia, Russia and Great Britain
Which was the capital city of Brazil before the construction of Brasilia in the middle of 20th century?
- Belo Horizonte
- Rio de Janeiro
- São Paulo
What were the origins of Antonio José de Sucre, the politician and military officer who founded the Republic of Bolivia in South America, in 19th century?
The answer for the next one could surprise you. In which Olympic Games was made the first TV broadcast in history?
- Berlin (Germany), 1936
- Los Angeles (USA), 1932
- Helsinki (Finland), 1952
- London (Great Britain), 1948
In which state of today’s Union did take place the bloody Battle of Gettysburg, considered the turning point in American Civil War?
- West Virginia
What was the name of Alexander the Great’s horse?
Who was the inventor that launched the first hot air balloon carrying a human?
- The Montgolfier brothers
- Benjamin Franklin
- The Wright brothers
- Robert Fulton
Who was the French explorer and naturalist that travelled with Alexander von Humboldt in his expeditions in Latin America (1799-1804)?
- Georges Cuvier
- Jean-Baptiste Audebert
- Francis de Laporte de Castelnau
- Aimé Bonpland
And the final one… St. Augustine in the state of Florida was the very first permanent European settlement in North America. Who was its founder?
- Pedro Menéndez
- Giovanni da Verrazano
- Hernando de Soto
- Jacques Cartier